More than just tax returns…

We’re happy to take the annual Self Assessment headache away from you. We can give you the comfort that your return is complete and correct, and that your tax position is optimised by taking advantage of all the allowances and reliefs which are available.

But we can also provide advice on any aspect of your personal tax and social security position. Feel free to explore the areas we can support you by clicking on the headings below.

Request a callback

Fill out the form below to see how we can help.

    We can prepare and submit your Self Assessment tax return for a reasonable, fixed fee. If you haven’t filed a tax return before, we can help you with the necessary forms to register. We can also liaise with HMRC on your behalf on matters such as enquiries, penalties and appeals.

    If you have adjusted net income of over £50,000 a year and you or your partner claims child benefit, you must file a tax return in order to declare your liability to the High Income Child Benefit Charge (HICBC) – even if your only source of income is from a single employment. At HendersonTax, we understand this can be a pain for individuals who have never needed to file a tax return before. If the only reason you need to file a tax return is because of the HICBC, we can offer you a discounted rate. Get in touch to find out more.

    Pensioners’ tax affairs are often complicated by the fact they have a number of different sources of income in retirement. In addition, the fact that the UK state pension is paid gross but is nonetheless taxable can cause tax underpayments which need resolving. We can help by reviewing that your pensions are being taxed correctly and assist in claiming a tax refund if you have overpaid.

    The taxation of savings can be surprisingly complex, especially when you have a number of different investments. HMRC does not always get it right! We can provide advice on any aspect of the taxation of savings, including life insurance policies. We can also help you claim a refund of taxes overpaid.

    For most employees, the PAYE system works well. But for others, it doesn’t! We can provide advice or support regarding any aspect of employee taxation and payroll matters. For example, we can help you make sense of your tax coding notices or P800 reconciliations, ensuring that your tax code works for you and not against you, so that you pay no more or less than you need to. Or if HMRC are issuing payment demands for underpaid PAYE, we can help you determine whether the amount is correct, whether HMRC are legally able to make the demand, and what action you can take.

    We have specialist expertise in this complex area. If you need help making sense of the Statutory Residence Test, understanding how your foreign income and gains are taxed in the UK, or even in understanding a double taxation agreement, you are in safe hands with us. If you have a foreign aspect to your tax affairs this can make them especially complicated and it’s not worth the risk of getting it wrong!

    Have you been contacted by HMRC inviting you to make a disclosure for your offshore income and gains under the Worldwide Disclosure Facility? If so, you need professional advice. The taxation of foreign income can be complicated enough, even before considering the rules around the number of years you need to go back and the penalties and interest which may be applicable. If you get it wrong, HMRC can charge you penalties of up to 200% of the unpaid tax! Get in touch today to see how we can help.

    If you are intending to sell a property or other asset, we can help you understand the tax consequences and ensure that you comply with your obligations relating to Capital Gains Tax. In particular, if you are selling a property which has at some point been your main home, we can help you understand any private residence relief that you may be entitled to. We can also assist with the 60-day capital gains tax reporting requirements.

    Most landlords will need to complete a Self Assessment tax return to declare their rental profits. We can advise on what you need to do in order to be compliant with HMRC while ensuring you claim tax relief for your expenses or losses where appropriate.

    National Insurance is often described as the forgotten tax. We can help ensure that you are paying the right amount and provide advice on entitlement to benefits such as the state pension based on your National Insurance record. We can also help if you need to claim a refund of National Insurance or pay for previous years to plug any gaps, if appropriate. If you have lived or worked overseas, or you intend to, we can also advise on the impact – this can be especially complicated so if this applies to you then we strongly recommend you seek advice!


    Here’s what our previous customers have to say about us:

    “Reliable, efficient and very knowledgeable service. Tom was exceptionally approachable and talked to us in very simple and understandable terms on tax issues that HMRC’s helpline was unable to explain to us. Strongly recommended.”

    3 February 2020

    “Professional and reasonably priced, Tom helped me with my non resident landlord tax return in the U.K.
    He is a very lovable and kind person. I am sure that I will turn to him every time I need help with his skills”

    23 January 2020

    “The service I received was FIRST CLASS. Mr Henderson was, in my opinion, a very pleasant, nice, well-mannered professional who knows his job and does it very well – a pleasure to have met him.”

    2 January 2019

    “I would like to offer my sincere thanks to Tom for his guidance and professionalism with my tax return. Tom has been extremely helpful and prompt when I have contacted him, nothing was ever any trouble. He is very patient, courteous and has an easy manner in explaining and guiding through complex tax procedures. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Tom to others and know he would give sound advice.”

    16 May 2020

    “I really appreciate your invaluable help, which has significantly reduced my level of anxiety.”

    12 June 2019

    “We would just like to give you our very grateful thanks for the work and support with these forms – which are a foreign language to us!”

    16 October 2019

    “Tom (HendersonTax) is amazing, he took all the stress out of mine and my husband’s tax returns, all within a few hours, I just relaxed and watch TV, while he did all the work. Very reasonable rates too. I would give more stars if possible. I now have peace of mind that the return is correct and I would definitely recommend, service is outstanding.”

    25 January 2020

    Get In Touch

    If you’d like to chat about how we can support your personal tax requirements, or if you’d like to book a free consultation, we’d love to hear from you. Please fill out the form to get in touch.